We got word on Wednesday that the storm was turning so we started packing up and decided to leave on Thursday morning. Caroline and I left in the van and Hunter and Cia followed a few hours later. Wednesday night, we were still not sure where we were headed, but as of Thursday we figured it was safe to go to Corpus Christi. Caroline and I talked about why we were running from the storm and she wanted to stay so she could see the storm. Last spring we met the Hurricane Hunters and toured their plane. I guess if they can “see the storm” we should be able to too. She finally understood why it was not safe to stay and began to tell people about running away from the storm.
So, we went to David and Jessica’s house for a few fun filled days of cousin time. Because Hunter and I were drawn to constant weather channel and we were trying to shelter Caroline from the footage, we decided to send Adelyn, John and Caroline to hang out with Mimi and Papa for awhile. We began working the pause feature early Friday night on three different televisions. We would fast forward through the coverage searching for landmarks and good information. I have never had my knowledge of landmarks so taxed before.
On Sunday, we decided that Caroline needed to get back to school to have some structure and socialization. We did not know how long we would be out of our home and Port Aransas seemed like a good fit for us. Caroline already knew two of the kindergartners that live near Hunter’s parents. So, we moved in with Georgia and Duncan (Mimi and Papa) in Port Aransas.
Photo Fun
13 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment