Yesterday at Caroline's school we were preparing to move the Kindergarten and first grade kids back into their classroom. I was helping to unpack boxes of things that had been rescued by the remediation company that cleaned the school and church. These boxes were packed by the workers and labeled with the classroom before being placed in storage. The teachers did not even know what was in them. In one box we found the blankies and loveys that the kids had brought for nap time. They are currently in my dryer and will be reunited with their owners this afternoon.
The overwhelming generosity of people is amazing. While unpacking donations we found entire boxes full of brand new markers, crayons, glue sticks even one whole box of pencil boxes. The kids and the teachers are excited to come back to their classroom and be real kindergartners again.
update: Caroline saw her nap mat in our laundry room and her jaw dropped. I asked her if she recognized the towel and told her what had happened. She threw her arms around me and cried "Oh, Mommy. I didn't think I would ever see any of my lost things again! We have to thank my teacher and the cleaner men!"
Photo Fun
13 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment