Saturday, October 24, 2009

A Supercalifragilistic kind of day

In August, I saw the ad for Mary Poppins - the Musical. I knew it was the moment I had been waiting for for six years. My baby girl was old enough to accompany me to musicals! Oddly enough, C saw the same ad and tore it out of the newspaper and had me hang it in her room. She LOVES the movie.
Of course this was an extra special Fancy Nancy kind of event so C got to wear her Jane Banks pinafore. Mimi brought this back from NOLA over the summer. Every grandma we passed did a double take and smiled. You gotta love a little girl in braids and a pinafore.
If you have a chance, this was an incredible technical musical. It was done by the same people as the Lion King. Of course the show is not just a reproduction of the movie and actually follows the book more, so we had to have several whispered discussions. But we attended the first matinee of the show and it was full of whispering kids.
Spoiler alert: at the end, MP flys off into the sky and goes out over the crowd. She landed right in front of us. C jumped up and started clapping. I am pretty sure she liked her first big girl musical performance

No comments: