Monday, May 24, 2010

C's first skating show

We are finally there. Caroline had her first skating show this weekend. I am so proud of her. She really practiced hard and paid attention during lessons. She seems to love to skate- Friday after dress rehearsal (at 7:30) the club still had 30 minutes of paid ice and we could not get Caroline off the ice.

Caroline's group was first up. This is the video from dress rehearsal. C had a hard time with the turn all week and fell at the same place each time. But at the real thing, she nailed it! During the circle part, C gives a little shove to each girl as they go under the bridge. This is funny to me everytime I see it.



Caroline had lots of friends and family come up to the show. It was really neat to see that support for a 30 second viewing. Her best friend Maddy was super excited for her and kept asking after C skated when she would come out again. During finale, Maddy stood at the glass screaming Caroline's name. C stopped at our section and blew kisses.

Grandma Mary took lots of pictures from the press box and I will post those as I get them. Grandpa Jim and I played the "who skated to that" game (my favorite family trivia game) as the other skaters came out. He did pretty well for not having been subjected to viewing the skating shows over and over agian as Jill and I like to do.

Caroline was extremly proud of herself when I finally corraled her post show. She was wound up and wanted to tell us every detail of her day. "It is very scary to skate on the ice in the dark, but then they turn the lights on and you can skate.", "Makeup is not to make you pretty. Makeup is to make the people see your pretty eyes when the lights shine in your face." "panty check? but mom, I'm not wearing panties!", "Can I be in the winter show? Can I?"

It was a long day for all. I put C to bed around 8 (an hour after her normal bedtime) and she told me she was going to stay up and wait for daddy to come down and give her kisses. Three minutes later when Hunter got there, she was sound asleep.

No comments: