Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Carolineism's and other funny stories from this week

Yesterday I cooked a turkey for dinner. Caroline came over and turned on the oven light to take a look. After peering inside she had this to say, "Mom, I think there is a problem. Your turkey turned into a chicken." At dinner she kept calling it ham. I think we need to watch more Top Chef.

This past weekend was my sister Jill's baby shower. When I asked Caroline what she wanted to send she had this reply,"When someone has a baby you send something old, something new, something borrowed, and something Blue's clues." That sounded like a good plan so that is what she sent.

One of her birthday presents was an Imagine Next boat and submarine (thank you Kaylyn and Holly). She has identified it as the Calypso and named the characters Jacques and Phillippe (That's my good Marine Biologist). They go on deep sea explorations and rescue missions- while Polly Pocket drives the ship in her teeny tiny high heels.

1 comment:

Andy and Katie said...

How cute, the Carolineisms!!!! We have that turkey/chicken/ham thing all the time!!! And we're finding that IF it's chicken, it will be good, even if it's turkey?!?!?!? And, if you can call it "Grampy meat" aka: anything Hormel, it is more happily eaten! :)