Becky and Marc (my Iowa parents) are on a road trip to visit family out East and Caroline and I drove up to Fort Worth to meet them for a few days (I know Texas is not on the way but how can you resist meeting up with a cute granddaughter).
Today we went ice skating at the Dallas Galleria. Caroline has never skated and I have not skated since I was in the ninth grade. For those of you counting that is almost 20 years.
Caroline did great! She had no fear and took off. No marching for her. I had not planned for skating when we packed so both of us were wearing capris. We bought her a pair of mittens and put a pair of knee high socks on under her capris. After an hour we took a five minute break and then went back out for another 30 minutes. By the end she was skating almost the length of rink and could skull and snowplow stop. I, on the other hand, did not retain much of my skating ability. I can honestly say I cannot "shoot the duck", sit spin, or do many jumps. Yes I tried them all. 
At the end of the skating Caroline's pants were soaked through from falling. We had to buy her a new outfit at Children's Place to get her dry and warmed up.
I think we will definitely be ice skating more often.

1 comment:
Fun times, Amy!!! You are encouraging me to take the girls ice skating...they have been begging...but I know it won't be as easy as they think it will be! Perhaps it won't be so bad!!!
I'm sure you loved seeing your parents!!!!
Katie
Post a Comment