Monday, January 18, 2010

The cold weather

Yes, I spent 18 years living up North. and Yes, I am a cold weather wimp.

We have had several weeks of cold weather with four days in a row of freezing temperatures. This may sound like whining to you northerners, but we just aren't equipped for this around here. Our pipes are not insulated so we had to drain the pipes each night. Our plants are not freeze resitant, so I brought all my pots inside and even dug up a few plants so they would have a chance.
C's school is mostly heated these days, but the cafeteria, gym and chapel are still without heat. So the kids moved lunch, recess and gym to their classrooms.

And of course at home, we Wiied. We are now masters (ok we understand the mechanics of the games, but are still pretty crummy at them) at many of the Wii games. This was a well timed and well loved gift. Thanks Grandpa Jim and Grandma Mary!
Yes, you may remind me of my cold weather rants when it is 100 degrees outside and we are melting.

No comments: