14 months ago when Hunter's dad fell and broke his ribs, Caroline attempted to spend the night at a friend's house. Let's just say it did not go well and she came home at midnight. She has wanted to try again and it just wasn't ever the right time.
Fast forward to yesterday. Hunter was headed to Port OConnor to fish with a film crew (another post about that later) and I had nothing on my plate so I asked C if she would like to invite someone over to spend the night. She went NUTS-SO. I called the other Caroline and they made plans for the next night.
I picked up both Caroline's (which makes yelling for or at them much easier and a bit confusing) along with 3 American girl dolls and LOTS of pet shops from Lego Club (also more info later). They played American Girls straight through from 5-9pm with a quick intermission for some noodles and pears. They opened the door from Caroline's room to the dining room so they could spread out the game and still keep the dog away which I thought was a pretty good plan. Then they changed all 6 American girls into pj's, put them to bed and climbed in the teepee (set up in her room)and attempted to go to sleep.
A trip out for water, a trip out for a snack, a trip out for a better snack, a trip out for a different book. But now, at 10:54 I think it is safe to say they are finally asleep.
Is this what it was like every Friday night at my house growing up? I think Heather stayed with me or I stayed with her almost every week for 10 years!
Photo Fun
13 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment