Saturday, September 26, 2009

My classroom

Here are a few pictures of my little classroom. It has changed a bit recently as I start filling in blank spaces with kid projects.
C helped me pick out fabric for the bulletin boards. Purple and gold are our school colors- GO Tors! The table was in pieces on the floor when I first came in. A neighboring teacher helped me put it back together and It works great. Notice the pink princess clock. C got this for Christmas several years ago from Grandma Mary. It stopped playing sound which was a problem since we have started setting her alarm clock (it plays music from Cinderella). So the old clock went to school and we got her a replacement for home. C also picked out the chiauaua poster under the purple bulletin board. Every classroom needs a little bit Skippy Jon Jones.

This corner is my "prep" closet. I am not in a lab room so all my supplies go in my closet (or o top of it). The wooden table under the yellow bulletin board is a science cart on wheels. This serves as my demo and prep space. This wall has turned into the Chemistry wall. I now have three IPC (Integrated Physics and Chemistry- sort of a pre chem, pre physics class for those with low math skills) and 3 Biology classes. When I went shopping for posters, I was only teaching IPC so I don't have much in the way of Bio stuff yet. I am trying to hold out for the CAST conference where I will pick up LOADS of free stuff.

I realized I don't have pictures of my favorites. One wall is covered in Watt Watcher posters. It is interesting to hear the kids quote facts from these posters that we created over the years for school use.

And, above my desk I have a 3ft x 5 ft Watt Watcher flag hanging. The principal came by last week and asked me what WOW was. Pretty fun to explain that, especially since he has started seeing posters and flyers around our school (wherever I roam I try to post one to remind teachers to turn off the lights).

So, that is my classroom. I still haven't painted any windows on my wall like I thought I would. But then again, I can show great Dicovery channel shows from my LCD projector since I don't have to contend with natural light coming in a window.

Have a Tor- iffic day!

No comments: