The Friday of Labor day weekend C wanted to go out on the boat and we decided to blow up the "jet ski" (Caroline's name for the long skinny type tubes) and take it for a spin. Daddy had it all ready to go when we got home from school and we jumped in the boat.
A little history on the jet ski. Christmas 1996 or so I gave this to Holly. I figured she could use it on the lake. Spring 2009 Mom found it in her closet (that her children affectionatly call ShopKo since you can always go there to find a present for someone). The box had not been opened so she sent it down to Caroline.
So, we drove out to an area where we would not get run over by boat traffic and deployed the jet ski. Except the plug had come loose while driving out and Hunter now had to blow it up by mouth. All blown up, we deploy and C and I get on.
C loves it!. She is having a blast and screaming at Hunter to go faster. I was having fun for awhile, but soon noticed that my heiny was dangerously close to the water. I look over C's shoulder and the plug is out again. We are now riding a half deflated jet ski. We soon crash and we spend no less than 10 minutes trying to get back on. After another round, we throw it in the boat and try to blow it up again. Now noticing that neither end is holding air. If you look closely, C is trying to close the plug while we are still in mid ride.
The jet ski was great fun for the weekend, but it mysteriously disappeared on garbage day. I am positive that the Overton's catalog will be getting some of our business in the near future.

No comments:
Post a Comment