Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Happy Birthday Parker James!

Butterball is finally here!

Jill's baby, Parker James, was born September 30 at 2:52 am. Mom and baby are fine (though a bit groggy). Parker weighed in at 7lbs 13 oz and 20 inches. FYI: Parker means keeper of the trees. A pretty fitting name for the newest Clennon.

Details are still fuzzy since I spoke with Jill (who is coming off meds) and Becky (who has been awake for 24 hours), so check back for corrections. Jill went into labor yesterday afternoon.

When I talked to Jill the first thing she told me- before a name or a birth story- was "Mom had to be taken out in a wheelchair." What?? After a long day of waiting and traveling (Becky and Brian's mom Mary Clennon drove up Tuesday night), Becky lay down on the floor of the room and a passing nurse grew concerned. They made Mary Clennon wheel Becky out of the hospital when they left.

Stay tuned for pictures or check Jill's blog for updates.

Congratulations Jill and Brian! Welcome Parker!

2 comments:

kirstinw said...

YEAH!!! Jill has joined the world of motherhood!!! So excited for them. LOVE the name - very strong - presidential name!

Congrats - being an Aunt is so much fun!

H said...

Exciting! I love the name too! Tell Jill I said CONGRATS :)